2019; Personal Growth & Semi-Freedom

Here's me strutting a pose kekekeke :P

It's already February of 2020, nearing the end of Chinese New Year.

First and foremost, the most part of 2019 has been a pretty pleasant year. It was a great turnover from last year. I have mastered the art of dealing with different kinds of people, and also learn to acknowledge the good and bad.

Let's start off with the end of my Polytechnic Internship, I felt a sense of accomplishment from it. It determines the fact that I am going to graduate from my then school. The actual ceremony happened on the 9th of May. It was a day filled with a pool of reminiscence, love from family and friends and hope for the future. 

Backtracking to the beginning of the year again, I flew back to Myanmar, Yangon, where I witnessed yet another cousin's wedding. This was the time I got to interact with my Burmese counterparts. After all, the Burmese blood flows inside me, even if I countless of humans tell me I am not exactly this or that. Half Chinese or whatever. I would personally count myself to have a Westernised mindset, but an Asian heart. Western because I was yes, partially exposed to the media and could resonate with certain ideologies from movements and trends; on concepts like spirituality, virginity and exploration. The rapid growth in a fast paced society like Singapore made me more open to flexible viewpoints. A proud Asian heart is not a faint heart either. It has learn to accept tough love, preserve long history, morals and values. I am glad of life in general, and how it makes me create myself and open to making mistakes in the process. Anyone could strive to be global citizens. 

After Myanmar came my trip to Thailand with my other half. We went to Krabi, an island located in the South West Coast. A place consisting even smaller islands, deep blue waters and activities for the adventuring spirits. This was supposedly meant to be a graduation trip for me, while a birthday one for him. What I enjoyed most there was probably the sunset. Pasture of pink and orange skies formed around the sun, as it prepared for nightfall. Mind you, I was with my partner. Hence, the very presence of him, of us looking at nature was just overall a wonderful feeling. 

My drive to work came shortly afterwards. I busied myself with internships, freelance and part-time jobs. In no chronological order, so long as some of my precious employers needed help and I got the chance to, I went to take up the tasks. You could name label this year as a "Big Hustle". Amidst these hustling, I came to figure what skill-sets to improve on, as well as make new friends along the way. On top it all, I opted to go for a second Diploma. I took up part-time school at another Polytechnic, in the most passionate fashion. Financially I was just starting out, emotionally I still needed work. 

What's exciting and awaited me was the trips at the end. My best friend from Secondary school, Kiwi & I booked impromptu flight tickets to Indonesia, Bali. We were just mingling and chilling one day in town, where we decided we could get a 'short getaway'. We spent hours deciding on the cheapest flight. It was funny.

The trip with my bestie was amazing! We got to visit a ton of places provided by our Villa, called Joglo Villa (located at Denpansar). Our driver was about our age and he was funny to converse with. There was also a point we discuss about the currently popular mobile game - Mobile Legends. If y'all are planning your trip or want to know what we did, you can view my public Instagram @stafeylucids.

I did not know I would end 2019 yet with one last trip to Australia, Perth. My journey there was full of Vitamin 'SEA', literally... as we (Godfamily & I) visited an uncountable number of seasides and water bays.

Overall, 2019 was more of a busy year for me, executing what may benefit me years down the road. 




Comments

Popular Posts