Hey K - A Beautiful Friendship


For the past years, I have been writing messages and posting stories on Instagram. So this year, I decided to switch things up a little and dedicate this whole blogpost to you. Hopefully in future, the younger generations will miraculously stumble upon this post - for they too would figure out what & how true friendship is like. 

We knew each other when we were teenagers. I can't remember exactly when, but according to your personal recount, you first saw me during early Choir days in Secondary 1. While my recollection stems from the day we were in the same class during Secondary 3. Being the all bright and approachable Sta I was back then, I guess it was easy breaking the ice with you, a reserved and soft-spoken student. But hey, I was probably like you back in Primary school. Funny how we mentioned before about "kinda switching lives".

It has almost been a decade knowing you. Feels surreal to go through life with you till this day. From a rebellious 13-14-15, to 22 year-old grown ass women. Admittedly, we started bonding more after graduation. Along the way, we witnessed each other meeting, mingling and losing friends. But hey, this is inevitably a growing pain & it is prominent in everyone's life.

Transitioning to tertiary learning (16 - 19 year-old) was the hardest part for us - there were many setbacks and identity crisis. I am very thankful to have someone who would listen to my blabbers and almighty principles (HAHAHA sort off, I like to portray myself as a motivational speaker for some reason). Oh... Not forgetting, all the 'lovely' phases we passed by, from clothing to hair-style revolutions. You know what is fcuking beautiful? The fact that through it all, we were there for each other, giving each other by-stander advices when needed, while also encouraging one another to become a better version of ourselves. 

I will always remember our spontaneity: cafe-hopping, volunteering & being local tourists everywhere.  HAH we even had our first overseas adventure a few years back. It all started from us sitting down at a random bench outside a mall, then suddenly having this crazy idea to go out further and explore. Instantly that night, we tried booking our flight tickets. 

What more to ask for in a friends than yourself, K? I am beyond appreciative to have such an enriching person like you. Truly, I am proud of your growth and determination to juggle work and school. Can't wait to spend the remaining 20s, 30s and decades more with you, for I am damn sure there will be more milestones to attain - be it celebrations, graduations, trips, learning or proposals.




Comments

Popular Posts