Reiterating the Beginning



After every ending comes a new start. Just like the rebirth of leaves after the drastic environmental change - in a burnt orange fashion, they dried up and dwindled down the stem. The stem that was ever attached to the once alive and enduring life form. Now grows a new set of greenery.

Personally, these actions reminded me greatly of the past few years I've gone through. If you were an avid reader of mine, or had followed through quite a bit from my childhood posts, you'll know about my hiatus in blogging. I was overwhelmed by the reality struck; the daily reflection journals, presentation, projects, communication and studying I had to do - anything that was shaping me to face the bigger world outside. In a way, I was diverting my attention away from writing content.

As time goes by, I slowly drifted away from my first love; something that brings me immense joy. To put it harshly, my flame for creative writing dimmed. I realized that only until now. When questions related to "what is missing in my life" resurfaces. Every inch of my soul aches for beautiful and haunting literature.

So here I am... here she is... the one and only Calista Feyhalice Mar (other than the fact that both you and I have the same number of chromosomes, muscle groups etc. And breathe the same air, of course).

That's right, I came back, not only because I miss the whole idea of blogging. But also because this activity holds a sentimental value in my heart, mind and soul. I guess the drive for language roots down all the way from my mom, to my grandmother (from dad's side).

Mom, for being an ardent fan of novels. Except... she reads them in Burmese. while her daughter, aka me, pursued English books instead. Hey that's partly because of my Singaporean birthright. Or so I claim ha ha!

Grandmother, for being an English major who reads a whole lot. Hers is an eclecticism of horror, thrill and romance stories. She always have something out of the ordinary to share. I look forward to conversing with her.

English is like my main backbone, I grew up from simply writing "I...I...I", to the complex language you see now. Burmese and Mandarin are the supporting characters, and I wish to toughen them up too, slowly. After all, I won't discount the fact that my roots still made me.  

I wanted to start the blog afresh to indicate another point in my life. I realized this is a good time to raise to a whole new frequency, while still attuning to some of my child-like self . Some of y'all would have recalled me blogging on Caliciousy Palette/ Sta Fey Palette. 

Side disclaimer: I will still keep my memories from childhood and adolescence there. 


Hope to embark on more new kick-ass adventures with y'all, my beloved magic-workers!





Comments

Popular Posts