A New Light

Two years ago, I was in a completely different space.

A year ago, I would have also been vibrating on a different frequency level.

These years have changed me. They toughened me up to face both the beauty and the ugly, with grace and confidence. Though at times I may still fail to silent the noises in my head, it's the steps taken forward that counts.

2016 and 17 had made me realize that not all my efforts are going to be recognized. There will always be someone out there who will not get my vibe. But that's completely okay. Even I can't figure myself out too at times.

At the end of the day, the only voice I can conquer is the one within me, at this current moment. Every significant positive change starts from within - you can call this intrinsic motivation.
Umpteen of times I've been insulted, cursed at and taken granted for. Maybe I was "too forgiving" to let bygones be, too careless, soft even, and so forth. You see... There could be tons of maybes and what-if situations replaying inside your bothered mind now.

Times people misunderstand you are the worst. I feel the hurt and angst honey. After all, your intentions could be good, but the message sent across to people may not be. No one is at fault. Everyone perceives things differently ((I couldn't emphasize on this point enough)). You may have looked after the wellbeing of a person, but the person may not reciprocate back what you did, or furthermore, give you their appreciation.

I could be a really nice person to someone, but on the other hand, I might be called "aloof" by another. Well, my point is: people can talk all they want. What truly matters is how you treat yourself; whether you think their words could be used as constructive feedback, or to be cast aside because you know they are imperfect, just like you.

I learned some lessons the hard way. But regardless, I'm grateful to myself for overcoming the hurdles and seeing things till the end. To more to come, bring it on man.

Comments

Popular Posts